Saturday, February 16, 2008

soup time







Yum! Cold outside, warm inside.


















Almost everyday that I work in the studio, I settle down to a bowl of hot, Asian style soup around the lunching hour of noon.
























If I'm lucky, I get to have it at home too, when I'm working there.


However, the studio has all my supplies:


Dried black fungus and



shitake mushrooms,


rice noodles,




carrots always, among other vegetables

such as spinach or baby bok choy,




Chinese broccoli, ginger, and




Tom yum paste, in a jar...



The water gets a head start on boiling in the electric kettle while I finish up tasks.

The soup itself is cooking only about 7 minutes!

It warms with heat and spice!





My favorite read at lunch time is The New Yorker magazine.




Then, back to work...

1 comment:

mary jane said...

I love that happy family out for a stroll bowl. Wish we could have lunch together every week, or at least once a year.